Our campuses are currently closed to the public. Visit www.massey.ac.nz/coronavirus for our COVID-19 updates

International Student Support

Each campus has an international support office to help answer your questions and provide you with a range of services and support while you are studying with us.  This includes information about each campus, enrolment processes, assisting with visa renewals, accommodation arrangements and airport college.  We also run comprehensive orientation programmes and through out the year you will have the opportunity to enjoy social events and functions. We encourage you to use as many of these services while you are here.

As well as contacts within University we have extensive contacts with agencies and community organisations.

Download a copy of Massey's International Student Support Handbook 2020 International Student Support Handbook (2,868 KB)

Education (Pastoral Care for International Students) Code of Practice

Massey University has agreed to observe and be bound by the New Zealand Government Ministry of Education - Education (Pastoral Care for International Students) Code of Practice. This code makes sure international students are well informed, safe, and properly cared for throughout their studies in New Zealand.

You can download a printable version of the Code of Practice, including amendments from 2019, on the NZQA website.

The Code and Massey's grievance process

The Code requires all institutions to have fair and equitable internal grievances procedures for students and you need to go through these internal processes before you can take the complaint any further. Find out more about Massey University's Grievance Procedures.

Leaving your country

Find out how you can prepare for study at Massey. Our pre-arrival checklist will help you make sure you have everything in place before your leave your country.

Arriving in New Zealand

Find out how to get to campus from the airport and information about NZ Customs and immigration procedures for your arrival into New Zealand.

International students

Working in New Zealand

Find out if you can work in New Zealand while you study and what a graduate work visa is.

Student visas

All international students must have a valid visa while in New Zealand. Find out how to renew your student visa and the variation of condition application process.

Get ready to graduate

Find out how to apply to graduate from Massey University and to apply for your academic records and Certificate of Attainment.

Contact your campus team

Our staff are here to help you at any stage of the process. Find out the contact details for campus office and staff.

Massey Contact Centre Mon - Fri 8:30am to 4:30pm 0800 MASSEY (+64 6 350 5701) TXT 5222 contact@massey.ac.nz Web chat Staff Alumni News Māori @ Massey